Here are 21 interesting facts about the extraordinary film: Interstellar.
1. Christopher Nolan cast Matthew McConaughey after seeing his performance in Mud (2012). Nolan recalled, “I didn’t know how much potential he had until I saw Mud. Not just as a leading man, but sheer acting talent.”
2. The screenplay is based on the works of the theoretical physicist Kip Thorne.
3. Steven Spielberg was set to direct the film in 2006 and hired Jonathan Nolan to write the screenplay. In 2012, after Spielberg’s departure, Jonathan suggested the project to his brother, Christopher.
What a thrilling film! Here are 10 facts about Whiplash that you probably didn’t know about:
1. Remember when Fletcher’s three drummers played for around 5 hours before beginning class? During those intense practice scenes, director Damien Chazelle wouldn’t yell, “cut!” so that Miles Teller would keep drumming until he exhausted himself.
2. For the slapping scene, J.K. Simmons and Miles Teller filmed many takes with Simmons only faking the slap. For the final take, Simmons and Teller chose to film the scene with a real slap. This is the take that is used in the film.
3. Miles Teller, who’s been drumming since he was 15, received blisters on his hands due to the intense, unconventional style of jazz drumming. Some of his blood was on the drumsticks and the drum set as a result.